The LMS (Learning Management System) is the University's online system for delivering subject content to students. Our LMS uses educational technologies from various enterprise providers such as Blackboard, TurnItIn and Learning Objects.
LMS can be access through:
For more information on the use of LMS, please check the following LMS Guides for students.
Lectures for all subjects scheduled in the central timetable will be automatically captured if they take place in Lecture Capture enabled venues. However, staff may request to opt-out of automated recording for their subject.
These recordings are not a substitute for lecture attendance. These recordings are intended to help you with revision during the semester and for the end-of-semester exam.
- To access recordings, you must have Flash player plugin installed in the internet browser.
- Recordings for some subjects may be audio only.
- Most recorded lectures are the visual presentation synced with the lecturer's voice.
- Your lecturer determines whether download versions of the recording will be made available.
- Most recordings will be available for download to your personal laptop
- Some lecturers may make their recordings available only during the exam recess.
- Recordings are normally available on the same day as the actual lecture, usually via your LMS subject.
To learn more about the Lecture capture system, please click here.
University of Melbourne uses Turnitin for assignment submissions and to detect plagiarism. Student uses Turnitin to submit papers to a class from the class portfolio page.
If the assignment is set to allow only file types that Turnitin can check for originality, Turnitin will only accept files that can generate Originality Reports. This includes:
- Microsoft Word® (.doc/.docx)
- OpenOffice Text (.odt)
- WordPerfect® (.wpd)
- PostScript (.ps/.eps)
- Hangul Word Processor file (.hwp)
- Rich text format (.rtf)
- Plain text (.txt)
- Google Docs via Google Drive™
- Microsoft Excel® (.xls and .xlsx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint® (.pptx, .ppt, .ppsx, and .pps)
- Adobe® PDF
For more information about Turnitin, please click here.
Blackboard Mobile Learn is an app which allows fast, convenient access to the LMS from your mobile device. With the Bb Mobile Learn app, you will be able to check information, access most of your subject materials, and perform many tasks from your mobile device without going through an internet browser on a desktop or laptop computer. You will still need to access some features of your subject through a browser, either on a mobile or fixed device. However, Bb Mobile Learn will save you time and get you into your subject or community quickly.
For more information about the app, please click here.