The University provides adaptive software on campus for students with disabilities. This technology includes both software and hardware to enable students to access, use, and submit
academic and administrative information.
- Talking Computer - JAWS for Windows
- Voice Recognition - Dragon Dictate
- Visual Learning - Inspiration
- Screen Magnification - Magic
- Speech, spellchecker, voice etc. - Texthelp Read&Write
- Scanning, OCR, pdf conversion, voice and many more - WYNN
- Special software for Braille users, scanner, Braille reader, Braille embosser, etc.
Assistive Technology Rooms
Assistive Technology Rooms are designed to assist student with disabilities in literature searching, writing up assignments and completing associated tasks that cannot be performed at a standard computer available in the library.
In addition to above software, these rooms also have special equipment.
ERC Library, Room 303 on level 3.
- Two workstations; they are PCs with assistive software and special software for Braille users, scanner, Braille reader, Braille embosser etc.
- Ergonomic furniture is available: Orthotilt desktop, standing frame, kneeling chair, height adjusable tables, ergonomic chairs and power points for a personal laptop computer, CCTV, heaters and fans.
Baillieu Library, Ground Floor
- There is one "priority reserved" workstation on the south of the ground floor. This computer does not carry special assistive software but the table is height-adjustable and can accommodate a student on a motor scooter. Students who want to use this workstation can ask staff at the Service Desk for assistance.
Reference Service and Consultations
Staff at the Information Desks will provide assistance to users requiring general help with locating materials and research. Students with special needs should contact the relevant library
staff member to make an appointment for special consultations. Any student wanting know more about assistive technology software and/or rooms with special facilities please ring 834-40058 or send an email for an apppointment.
The library encourages students with disabilities who are likely to require assistance, to contact the library as soon as possible in the academic year.
Please contact Kylie Tran on 03 9035 9725 or email@example.com for an appointment.
Read more about Library Services to Students with Disabilities