Accessing the VPN
The Virtual Private Network (VPN) service allows university students to securely 'tunnel' into the campus network from outside the university and access services as if they were on-campus. It can also be used over campus wireless networks as well. The service may be required by students to access services that are normally restricted to on-campus access only.
This service is provided to students free of charge. Students can use the university's VPN service to:
- Connect to a file share (mapped drive)
- Print to a networked printer from off-campus
- Remotely connect to a university computer (once that computer has been configured for remote access)
- Secure data transactions to the university's network off-campus
Installing Cisco AnyConnect
Cisco AnyConnect is required to connect to the university's VPN. Download and install the Cisco AnyConnect client by clicking on the link below.
The client is compatible with all versions of Windows from Windows 7 and later. Authenticate as a student by following the link above to automatically install the client on your computer. If the installation fails, click on the Windows Desktop link to download the client and manually install it.
The client requires Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later in order to work. Authenticate as a student by following the link above. The automatic installation will fail and you will need to download and install the client manually.
The client requires RHEL 6, 7 or Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04 (64-bit only) and newer in order to run. The application will not work on any Linux 32-bit platforms.
Once the library has been installed, authenticate as a student by following the link above to install the client on your computer. The automatic installation will fail, and you will need to download and install the client manually.
Cisco AnyConnect is available for most mobile operating systems. Please follow the links below to install the client on your device.
Computers using the Managed Operating Environment (MOE) have Cisco AnyConnect pre-installed. If you can't find Cisco AnyConnect on your device, try installing it via the Software Center (Windows) or Self-Service app (MacOS). If you have any further difficulties, please contact the Service Centre on +61 3 8344 0888.
Connecting to the VPN
To join the VPN:
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- Enter remote.unimelb.edu.au/student in the 'Ready to connect' field and click 'Connect'.
- When prompted, enter your university username and password, and click 'OK' or 'Connect'.
- You should now be connected and are able to use the university's resources as if you were on-campus.
When finished, open the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client and click 'Disconnect'.