Clearing Cookies & Cache
Browsers store cookies based on your identity and preferences, and build a cache of repeatedly accessed content, like images and scripts. This makes web browsing quicker, but can sometimes cause issues with how pages are displayed, or your ability to access content.
Clearing the cache and deleting cookies will solve many basic issues with websites. However, it will log your browser out of all websites, and working data in online applications (e.g. Google Docs) may be lost if not synced/saved.
To quickly simulate this without logging out of websites, consider trying an Incognito/Private Browsing window first.
- Click the menu button and select More tools > Clear browsing data
- Select 'All time' at the top
- With Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files marked, click Clear data
- Choose Safari > Preferences in the menubar, and select Privacy
- Click the Manage Website Data... button
- Click Remove All at the bottom of the pane
- Click the menu button and select Preferences
- Select the Privacy & Security panel
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data…
- With Cached Web Content and Cookies and Site Data marked, click Clear
- Click the Hub button and select History
- Select Clear history
- With Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files marked, click Clear